First Trimester With First Pregnancy
Hello and welcome back.
Although I don't want to ONLY post about my baby and my pregnancy, I have had some requests to give you guys an update about my pregnancy thus far and the things I have been struggling with. For those of you who don't know, I am 16 weeks pregnant as of today, January 25th. I have completed my first trimester and have moved into second. So here are some random bullet points that I had saved into my notes in my phone over my first trimester and hopefully they are helpful!
1. Holy crap I am tired. Its crazy how many times I had to apologize to Kyle (my other half) for falling asleep on the sofa or sleeping for a lot of the day. Who knew that building a human was so exhausting and even the early stages can be really tiring. My biggest advice is to make sure that you sleep when you need it, even if it means having multiple naps a day. I've started falling asleep at my desk at work, the exhaustion is real.
2. I feel so bloody crappy, whether it's morning sickness or feeling bloated and gross; one thing I have found that always makes me feel better is to take the time to pamper myself whenever you can. It's okay to feel miserable and uncomfortable, so remember to take care of yourself whenever you can, and you don't even have to go crazy with it. I would shaved my legs, use a face mask or have a bath and it would make me feel better about myself. Instantly.
3. I have been worrying a lot because I didn't have a bump, like most first mums. I kept worrying that the baby wasn't there, like this was a dream and nothing was happening in there. I lost weight in the first trimester because of my morning sickness and it made it seem like the baby was hiding. But once you hear the heartbeat and see your ultrasound, you know that baby is safe and sound.
4. I have been so bloated that is it saddening. For me when I got bloated, it made me feel more pregnant, if that makes sense. I felt as though I looked pregnant when I was bloated, but the rest of the time I didn't look or feel pregnant. It's a shame to go from looking pregnant to not looking pregnant. But it's okay, you'll be showing soon enough. However it is very uncomfortable to be bloated, and everyone goes through it.
5. I have some really bad Morning sickness some days. I had to leave work from puking 5 times in 4 Hours. It sucks at the time, but its meant to fade away. Hopefully.
6. I hate my favourite foods! I used to love pasta and lasagna, but now pasta sauce when it is warm and aromatic, and French onion soup were my two worst foods to smell. It made me feel so so Ill? But they used to be my favourite!
7. It's okay to miss caffeine. I started my pregnancy being addicted to coffee and caffeine, I would drink energy drinks and coffee to get through the day. I decided it was best for me to quick cold turkey. And I missed caffeine so fucking much. But that's okay. You're exhausted.
- be prepared to be a bitch. Kyle and I have never had a fight in public, but with my hormones dancing around, I started to snap at him in public and I never wanted to do that. But patience is important for everyone involved.
- intense leg pain. In the middle of my week 8, I suddenly I had extreme leg pain, like pins and needles but much worse. My biggest advice is STRETCH, and if you're lucky, you'll have a nice partner who will rub your legs for you, but only if you ask really nicely. ;)
8. Hormones are a bitch. I have never been much of a yeller or a fighter, I find that arguing is a waste of time and doesn't achieve anything. But with this pregnancy I have done nothing but yell and scream at basically everything. I can't understand how my hormones are ruining me one day at a time. Just be patient and hope that your significant other can forgive you for your grumpiness.
My morning sickness advice.
- eat before bed. Going to bed on an empty stomach was the worst.
- ginger ale saved me, but ruined my teeth.
- find foods that you can stomach in the morning. Mine was bagels, chocolate and gummy candy. Which are awful, But I knew it was better to stomach ANYTHING rather than nothing.
- peppermint tea is awesome.
- I have the anti nausea meds, but I avoid them because they make you exhausted and that's pointless to me
- if you need to puke, do it. It's like being hungover, you'll feel much better.
Well for now, that's all I have for you. If you have any particular questions, feel free to contact me on my social media accounts. Thank you so much for reading, and if you have any advice or experiences that you want to share, leave them in the comments down below and I'd love to hear them! Thank you again, and I'll see you in the next one!